Our three-part series exploring why some rural McLean County residents oppose the planned wind energy developments near their homes.
- Two Existing Wind Farms: Twin Groves (Eastern McLean County) and White Oak (Northwestern McLean County)
- Two Wind Farms in Development: Invenergy's 250MW (Northeastern McLean County) and EDP's 200MW (Northeastern McLean County)
- Both new projects are slated to be completed in 2020 and 2022 respectively
- McLean County's total wind capacity will be 996MW
- The four wind farms combined will produce enough power to supply nearly 290,000 homes